Coconut Fried Fish with Fiery Mango Salsa
We should all eat more fish, this is quick, simple and verrrrrrrrry tasty.
Servings: 1 serving
- 1 Fish fillet of your choice
- 1 Lime cut in half for juicing
- .5 Mango diced
- 1 Garlic clove chopped
- 6-8 Cherry Tomatoes cut in half
- 1 1 Red Chilli chopped (leave the seeds in for extra heat)
- 2 tbsp Low Sodium Soy
- 1 tsp Fish Sauce
- 1 inch Ginger peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Bunch of Mint Leaves ripped by hand
- 2-3 handfuls Spinach leaves
- Cut the lime in half, squeeze one half over the fish and leave while you mix the salsa.
- In a bowl mix the mango, tomatoes, red chilli, soy sauce, fish sauce, garlic, ginger, the remaining lime juice, and the mint leaves. Give it a good stir.
- In a pan, on med-high, heat the coconut oil. When hot place the fish in flesh side down first. Cook for 2-3 mins.
- Turn the fish over (skin side down) and cook for another 2-3 mins.
- Make sure fish is cooked through before removing from heat, The thicker the fillet the longer the cooking time.
- In a separate pan with a lid, heat a little water and add the spinach to wilt. It will only take 1-2 mins max.
- When the spinach is done, drain any water and move to a plate.
- Place the fish on top and decorate with the mango salsa.
Calorie count depends on size and type of fish you use.