Dhansak (with or without meat)
This is great for meal prep ????, and very easy to make.
Servings: 4 servings
- 75 g green lentils (You can use tinned)
- 75 g chickpeas (You can use tinned)
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 600 g meat of your choice (or leave out/add vegetarian option)
- 500 ml stock (vegetable or chicken)
- 2.5 cm fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garam masala
- .25 tsp hot chilli powder
optional – 1 green chilli – finely chopped (with or without seeds)
- Rinse lentils and chickpeas under fresh water, add to pot with stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 mins, remove from the heat and set to one side.
- In a separate pot heat some oil and add the onion, ginger, all of the spices and cook until the onions are soft.
- Add in the meat/vegetarian option (or skip this bit completely!) and continue cooking.
- Add in the tomatoes, cover and simmer for 15 mins.
- Add the lentils, chickpeas and stock into the pot and simmer for another 10 mins.
- Serve with rice or naan bread.