Ginger Beef Stir Fry
An awesome dish full of flavour
Servings: 4 servings
- 600 g beef steak cut into strips, as thin as you can manage
- 3 garlic cloves peeled and chopped
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 lime juiced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Bring a pot of water to the boil.
- In the meantime chop your asparagus into bite sized chunks, and slice the steak as thin as you are able to.
- Peel and chop the garlic and ginger.
- Put the rice in the pot of water to simmer.
- Mix the beef strips and the cornflour with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan until almost smoking, add in the asparagus and cook for a couple of minutes until lightly browned, remove from the pan for later.
- Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the same pan and brown the beef strips, remove from the pan.
- Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and cook the ginger and garlic for a minute. Add the beef and the asparagus back in to the pan; then add the remaining ingredients in to the pan with 3 tablespoons of water.
- Cook for a further 2 minutes and mix everything together.
- Drain the rice, fluff it up with a fork and serve with the beef and asparagus.