Chicken Kebabs with Red Cabbage Slaw
A lovely recipe for chicken kebabs, great to cook indoors, even better on a BBQ.
Servings: 4 people
- 4 chicken breasts diced
- .5 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp ground cumin
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 limes
- 4 pitta bread
- 4 tbsp chopped coriander
- 2 cups red cabbage sliced as thin as possible
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- Dice chicken and place in a bowl.
- Add in the olive oil, juice from 1 lime, salt, pepper, cinnamon, ground cumin, and the garlic.
- Give it a good mix, cover and leave it to marinate for as long as possible, over night if you can.
- In a separate bowl add the red cabbage, juice and grated rind from 1 lime, and the coriander.
- Cover and leave as long as the chicken.
- When ready to cook get a frying pan smoking hot, and add the chicken a few pieces at a time (you need the pan to stay hot) until browned and cooked through.
- Place in a serving bowl and let it rest while you put some pitta breads under a grill.
- Get the red cabbage and mix in the mayonnaise.
- When the pitta breads are done, cut open and enjoy.