Moroccan Chicken with Couscous
A perfect dish for a cold evening.
Servings: 4 people
- 6 chicken thighs skinless and boneless
- 200 g green beans
- 8 dried apricots chopped as small as you can
- 1 lemon for juice and zest
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon heaped
- 1 tsp cumin heaped
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup un-cooked couscous
- Top and tail the green beans, then finely chop the apricots.
- Cut chicken thighs into strips.
- Zest the lemon rind with a fine grater, then squeeze the juice into a cup.
- Make up the stock in a pot, bring to the boil and remove from heat. Tip in the couscous, half the lemon juice, half of the zest and a pinch of salt, make sure to cover the pot with a lid. Leave to soak for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan, cook the chicken thighs until brown.
- Add in the honey, cinnamon, cumin, tinned tomatoes, lemon juice and zest, and finally all of the apricots.
- Give it all a good stir and cook on medium for 8-10 minutes.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork and serve.