Probably one of the most versatile dishes I know. It's not the best reheated, but great for dinner partiesApprox 515 cal 51c/39p/18f per serving
Servings: 10 people
- 500 g risotto rice
- 2 large onions finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped or crushed
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lt stock chicken or vegetable
This part of the risotto can be replaced with just about anything, seafood, vegetables etc
- 1 kg chicken breast diced
- 250 g mushrooms chopped
- 300 g asparagus cut into chunks
- 300 ml white wine you don't have to use any wine
- Heat oil (medium heat) in a LARGE pot, add in onions and garlic, cook until soft.
- Add rice and cook for 2 mins.
- Add chicken and cook until sealed.
- Add wine if you are using it.
- If not add some of the stock and stir.
- As stock gradually reduces away, add more and repeat.
- Add in the mushrooms and asparagus around 5 minutes before the rice is cooked.
- You may need to add some fresh boiled hot water if you use all of the stock.
- Continue until rice is cooked.
- Serve in a bowl with a generous sprinkle of salt.