Sausage and Cranberry Stew
Warming, sweet and savoury.
- 16 chipolatas pork, chicken or turkey
- 500 g mushrooms chopped
- 500 g carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 large onions chopped
- 2 kg potatoes peeled and diced
salt and pepper to season
If you have some thyme or sage you can add some too.
- 1 lt stock vegetable or chicken
you can use 500ml of stock along with 500ml of beer or cider as an alternative
- 350 g cranberries
If you are using fresh unsweetened cranberries add 4 tbsp of brown sugar. If you use dried cranberries no need to add anything, most are sweetened.
- Place sausages at the bottom of the slow cooker pot, followed by the potatoes then the remaining veg. Cover with stock, place the lid over the pot and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve with some crusty bread.
- This can also be made on the hob if you don’t have a slow cooker, cook for 70-90 mins with the lid off on a medium heat. As always the quantities can be reduced for smaller portions.