Slow Cooker Lasagne
I was a little sceptical about trying this dish in a slow cooker. It was delicious.
- 1 kg lean mince turkey, pork or beef
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 large carrots diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 200 g mushrooms sliced
- 500 g passata
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 200 g fresh lasagne sheets approx
- basil leaves
- chopped garlic as much as you like
low calorie white sauce
- 500 ml semi skimmed milk
- 35 g cornflour
- Brown mince in a pan with a little oil. Add in all other ingredients except lasagne sheets.
- Layer lasagne mix with pasta sheets in slow cooker pot until mix has all been used.
- Mix a little milk in to the cornflour to make a paste. Heat remaining milk in a saucepan, do not let it boil. While stirring the milk continuously slowly add in the cornflour and milk paste until it thickens.
- Pour over the top of lasagne in pot.
- Cover pot with lid and cook on low for 8 hours.
- If you want to you could add some grated cheese for the last 30 minutes of cooking time.