What's better than salsa? Homemade salsa, that's what!
Servings: 10 servings (at least!)
- 450 g tomatoes you could opt to remove the skin, but, 1. it's a right pain, and 2 there are antioxidants in the skin.
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 675 g bell peppers
- 1 large onion
- 2 large green chillies leave the seeds in for extra spice!
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander use more if you like the flavour
- Chop the tomatoes as fine as possible, you could opt to remove the skin, but 1. it's a right pain, and 2 there are antioxidants in the skin.
- Once chopped place in a sieve and sprinkle the salt over the top and leave to stand for 20 minutes.
- De-seed the peppers and chillies, then chop them as fine as you can manage.
- Chop the onion and garlic into small pieces also.
- Add the oil to a pan and heat.
- Add all of the ingredients and bring to the boil, then simmer for 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat and move to containers.
- This recipe makes a decent amount of salsa, save some to use, freeze the rest.