Chocolate Orange Protein Bites
These were amazing!
Servings: 16 portions
- 250 g rolled oats gluten free if needed
- 55 g protein powder of your choice I used chocolate orange flavour
- 40 g unsweetened cocoa powder or more protein powder!
- 190 g smooth peanut butter almond and cashew are alternatives
- 85 g maple syrup
- .25 tsp salt
- 60 ml milk any kind, you may need some more
- 85 g dark chocolate Aldi sell 52% chocolate with orange
- 50 g chocolate for drizzle topping I used more than this and it was too much
- Line an 8-inch square baking tray with parchment paper
- Place the oats in a food processor fitted with the steel blade and process until ground into a flour.
- Add the protein powder, cocoa powder (or more protein powder), nut butter, maple syrup, salt, 1/4 cup milk and melted unsweetened chocolate.
- Process until the mixture is well-combined and is tacky (but not sticky) to the touch.
- Add more milk by the teaspoonful and process, only as necessary for the mixture to reach the proper consistency.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and press firmly into an even layer, smoothing the top as much as possible.
- Cover with parchment and place in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Remove the bars from the pan and slice into 10 or 12 equal-sized rectangular bars.
- Drizzle some melted chocolate over the top, and allow to sit at room temperature until set.
- Store in the refrigerator.