Chicken and Chorizo Penne
This was amazing! (Mostly because I cooked it!)
- 600 g chicken breast chopped
- 100 g chorizo diced
- 1 large onion chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves chopped or crushed
- 80 g parmigiano reggiano grated
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 600 g fresh penne
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 250 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- Bring pot of water to boil for pasta.
- Fry onion and garlic in oil until soft.
- Add chicken breast, cook until brown.
- Heat chicken stock and milk until hot, not boiling.
- Add pasta to water and simmer.
- Add chorizo to chicken and onions.
- Whisk corn flour in to stock/milk mixture, do not stop mixing until it has thickened. Remove from heat.
- Drain cooked pasta, then mix with the chicken and chorizo, stir in the sauce.
- Mix in the parmigiano just before serving.